Patient and Public Involvement
Involvement of people with experience of living with dementia and/or caring for someone with dementia is a vital part of the NIHR Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre (BRC). It ensures our research is of the highest quality and reflects the needs and challenges of people affected by dementia today.
The NIHR Maudsley BRC dementia service user and carer group, MALADY, provides invaluable experience-led insight and advice to our researchers in a range of ways:
- Contributing to identifying research priorities
- Meeting with individual researchers to improve study design and delivery
- Providing advice and trouble-shooting for research studies underway in the BRU-D
- Participating in working groups / focus groups as appropriate.
- Participating in collaborative projects including development of funding bids.
- Advising on the best ways to communicate about our research.